Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spungella Animation Contest - narrowing it down

Some great ideas were posted in the comments section of the "Spungella Contest Idea" post.

I think what I will start with (and I can implement other ideas in future contests) is this:

- a 100 frame exercise with a given "instruction" through a word, like "disgust" or a situation "unreachable goal", etc. with a one week animating time frame, use any rig you want, any medium you want. It starts on a Monday and ends that week on Sunday, then, email file/link on next Monday and whatever I get and save that day will enter for voting. I like the idea of an overall poll voting by everybody down to 5 clips and then I'll decide who's #1 and 2.

I want to include outside animators and all my current workshop takers (online and on-site) for one massive submission (for those who have time). The contest will start in about 2 or 3 weeks, so that people can finish their school thesis and so that everybody gets a heads-up.

Stay tuned!

Cheers
JD

No comments:

Post a Comment